Vauxhall Astra G 1.7cdti z17dtl - engine management light. - sacker

Hello.I have a 2005 vauxhall astra van 1.7 cdti(astra G). This morning i started it and i noticed it hesitated to start but just put it down to a cold morning and off i went. Before i got out of my estate the engine management light came on so i stopped, then i noticed the lights dipping as the indicators were flashing. Then the airbag and abs light came on and the dials on the dash started going crazy (like window wipers!). Also when i revved it slighty splutterd then revved fine. So i thought better get this to a garage, so turned off all electrics (lights, radio, etc) which sorted out the crazy dials. As i set off i discovered the power steering wasn't working either but after a few miles started working again and the interior clock was back upto full illumination. The management, abs and airbag lights remained on but engine running fine. can anyone help please, be much appreciated!! thanks alot

Vauxhall Astra G 1.7cdti z17dtl - engine management light. - topbloke

i can only guess that the alternator is/was starting to fail, but a code read of the abs and the engine ecu will prove/dis-prove this fact, regards TB

i can only guess that the alternator is/was starting to fail, but a code read of the abs and the engine ecu will prove/dis-prove this fact, regards TB

Thanks alot for the reply. It's in the garage at the mo waiting for a diagnostic test, il let you know the outcome. Cheers

your spot on mate, the alternators gone. cheers