Ford Focus 1.6tdci 55 plate - Obd error code P1934 on a intermittent non start - focuskev

Ive had an intermittent non start with this vehicle for a while now (more evident when I were in the vehicle for a long period with the engine off) and purchased an OBD II scanner to find error codes P1934,U0073 and P0500.

Ford told me that P1934 is not generally defined but is in the transmission category.

Could this be a crankshaft sensor problem that I keep hearing about?

Grateful for any ideas

Top Reply

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 55 plate - Obd error code P1934 on a intermittent non start - björn

hello

i am björn from germany. i have exact the same problem, with the same obd numbers.

can you tell me the way you fixed it, please?

All Replies

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 55 plate - Obd error code P1934 on a intermittent non start - k7

i believe this is the speed sensor problem, have been having a similar problem with my focus which is the same model as yours. will be driving at a constant speed 70mph for example and all of a sudden the power completely sags, this is also intermittent the general consensus on most forums is change the speed senor which costs about £25.

by the way can you tell me what model of diagnostic reader you used.

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 55 plate - Obd error code P1934 on a intermittent non start - focuskev

Hi,

Its a maxiscan. My problem doesnt relate to speed but non start

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 55 plate - Obd error code P1934 on a intermittent non start - injection doc
I suspect it may have an instrument cluster pack fault and thats why it wont start and flags up speed sensor fault of P1934.
Have all the other modules been checked for any U codes ? can communication error codes ?

Hi.

Why a speed sensor fault if its a instrument cluster pack fault though? All panel instruments work fine. PCM was checked fine by Ford. What about the other codes?

Edited by focuskev on 18/03/2011 at 19:34

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 55 plate - Obd error code P1934 on a intermittent non start - injection doc

your going by what the computer says ! experince is something else. The instrument pack is a comms centre

I see. Is it prone to problems on this model? The only thing ive been told to check is the immobiliser red flashing LED and that is working correctly

Hi.

I reported on here this problem initially a while back and am still having problems. Today after leaving the car almost 10 hours I go to attempt start and nothing. I did a diagnostic test using the reset button on the indicator stalk and the ignition key and the DTC codes stored were '0'. I did a Diagnostic using my Autel scanner and it came up with a code U0073 (control module communication bus off).

Does anyone know what this actually is?

For 2 days while being left in the sunny days heat and after 10 hours it still is giving me a problem. Dont usually have this problem after being left off and locked for so long. I checked with my scanner and there is no error code now.

Could the heat be affecting something under the bonnet. If so I would be grateful if someone could give advice.

The red flashing light on the dash indicates the immobiliser is working correctly. There is not a sound when I go to ignition it.

Regards

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 55 plate - Obd error code P1934 on a intermittent non start - bufer

Hi,

I have had the same troubles. In my case It was caused by unreliable electrical connection between crankshaft positon sensor and PCM. The CPS connector need to be disconnected and cleaned.

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 55 plate - Obd error code P1934 on a intermittent non start - stuggyzx10

Hi can you tell me if possible where the speed sensor is located please or prt number i need...it seems i am suffering from the exact same problem gets to about 70-75 then cuts power and wont rev beyond 3000 revs...any info would be appreciated

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 55 plate - Obd error code P1934 on a intermittent non start - björn

hello

i am björn from germany. i have exact the same problem, with the same obd numbers.

can you tell me the way you fixed it, please?