Ford Focus 2010 - Changing Front sidelight bulb ford focus 2010 - 1grainofsand

First you have to remove the headlamp unit by removing the screw holding it on the top bracket, there are two retaining plastic hooks on the bottom of the unit which you have to press down to release , not mentioned in handbook. Once removed disconnect the electrical socket , by pulling the small clip towards you as you pull the socket.

Remove the sidelight rubber cover , note it is marked with yellow paint to help you to refit it in the correct position. You will see a long plastic , fragile looking blade attatched to the side of the side light bulb holder, you need a small pair of long nosed pliers to grip this blade , gently in small movements turn it clockwise to allow it to be removed, note , there is not a phillips headed screw retaining the bulb holder, it is simply a twist and pull locking method of retaining the holder.

let me know if this helps.

Ford Focus 2010 - Changing Front sidelight bulb ford focus 2010 - Roly93

This was helpfull, I just did the procedure on my 09 plate Focus thanks.

Ford Focus 2010 - Changing Front sidelight bulb ford focus 2010 - tdc

I played suck-it&see getting both headlamps out and was surprised how easy that job was.Didn`t even have to push the tabs down or remove the wiring socket to get headlamps out to replace the main driving bulbs....but the sidelamps are a different kettle of fish,so ended up on the back of this thread.

Plastic tab would only twist clockwise,so did that by quarter turn and tried to pull holder out but no luck.As everything appears to be flimsy or brittle plastic nowadays,I didn`t want to wreck it.Handbook is as much use as a chocolate teapot.It`s not one of those jobs you can even see properly

Anyone able to tell me where I`m going wrong please

Edited by tdc on 16/10/2014 at 14:22

Ford Focus 2010 - Changing Front sidelight bulb ford focus 2010 - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Try giving the plastic holder a little squirt if it's sticking (don't say it takes one to know one, I've heard it all before). An electrical switch cleaner such as Servisol (from Maplin) is best in case it gets on the contacts.

Ford Focus 2010 - Changing Front sidelight bulb ford focus 2010 - tdc

Thanks,will give it a go ....didn`t want to tug too hard in case it came off in my hand :(