Peugeot 406 HDI 2.0 Y reg - Anti-pollution Fault! - Junni

Hi john,

I am an overseas student. Recently bought a peugeot 406 HDI 2.0 Y reg off a dealers. For some reason, everytime I start the engine, this Antipollution fault comes at the display for a few seconds and then vanishes off. And the check engine lights lit as well through out the whole drive. Car runs fine though. I have not had any problems with it so far. Recently got the engine serviced. Told my mechanic about it he says he has no clue whatsoever! I read all the posts related to this but couldn't conclude anything. Thought, I'd start my own thread. What do you reckon I should do (in a lay-man terms please). I am bad with technical words and phrases :( ..

Thanks very much in advance.

Edited by Junni on 07/10/2010 at 02:13

Peugeot 406 HDI 2.0 Y reg - Anti-pollution Fault! - jonlad1974

hi have you tried the egr valve ? it as black rubber pipes coming off it check to see if there not cracked or splitting if they are not.

cut the main long black rubber piper and cap them both off it should stop that if not it will stop black smoking coming out of the bk end and get you through a mot test cheers

Peugeot 406 HDI 2.0 Y reg - Anti-pollution Fault! - Junni

thanks for the suggestion mate, it's just I have recently had my MOT taken. It passed it without any faults. The only thing that worries me is that at time clutch paddle when pressed down, doesnt come back up rather stays a little pressed and gear shifting is affected badly. This anti pollution fault light comes on everytime i start the engine, or If i come to a stand still and open my door etc. I have to go scotland next week and I am seriously not sure if I should take my car or not caz at them moment it's not giving me a tough time. Also, I am a little car fanatic. I want my car to be perfectly fine. These warning lights disturb me. :(