I was insured, stopped by the police and got FPN - McNorman

I was driving my brother’s car, he got full insurance and I am on his insurance as a Named Driver.

Police stopped me because their computer showing no insurance on the car, (Cars was insured and I was Insured to Drive), It was Sunday and I couldn’t speak to my insurance company to prove I am insured, so I was issued a Fixed Penalty Notice, they asked me to produce driver’s licence for endorsement (6 Points),

Please help what Shall I do?

Thanks in advance.

I was insured, stopped by the police and got FPN - LucyBC
You need to reject the fixed penalty and produce proof of the insurance. If you can show you were insured we will be able to deal with the police/CPS on your behalf and get the fixed penalty withdrawn.

If for some reason the insurance had lapsed or been cancelled then if you thought you were insured you may have a Special Reasons argument which would see you avoid the penalty.

Check out the details and then come back to me with a telephone number and I will arrange to speak to you to provide further detailed advice.
I was insured, stopped by the police and got FPN - Peter D

Did you contact the insurance company on Monday to check you are actually insured. Do not assume that the certificate your brother has is valid, no matter what the dates on it tell you. Regards Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, I did contact the insurance company the next day and confirmed the insurance, car and my brother were both insured.

Thanks

First of all thank you for your response.

On Monday, I called my insurance company and confirmed that the Car and my brother were both insured, it was just a problem with insurance database. I have now received the fax from Insurance Company confirming my brother was insured at the time when the police pulled him.

How can I reject the Fixed Penalty? Can I post the proof of insurance to Police? Where to?

Can I post my telephone number here on the forum for you?

kind regards

I was insured, stopped by the police and got FPN - FP

Best not to post personal details on a publicly-accessible site.

Go up this page and click on Lucy's link. Simples!!!!!

First of all thank you for your response. On Monday, I called my insurance company and confirmed that the Car and my brother were both insured, it was just a problem with insurance database. I have now received the fax from Insurance Company confirming my brother was insured at the time when the police pulled him. How can I reject the Fixed Penalty? Can I post the proof of insurance to Police? Where to? Can I post my telephone number here on the forum for you? kind regards

I was insured, stopped by the police and got FPN - Dwight Van Driver

You were issued with a PROVISIONAL FPN because you did not have your Driving Licence with you.

You elected to produce the DL within 7 days at a Plod Station named. Under normal procedure production of the Licence which would have been surrended and the FPN made substantial giving you the opportunity of paying the £200 for No Insurance and collecting points.

But by now you have PROOF that the use of the vehicle when stopped so I would suggest that you take this along with you when you produce your Licence. Discuss the matter with Plod to see if he set the wheels in motion to cancel the FPN for No Insurance.

If he wont play ball then reject the FPN and opt for a Not Guilty Coiurt appearance by either writing in to say why and enclose COPY of the relevant certificate showing you were covered, or

do nothing and let them chase you with a summons (not adviseable).

Seems Plod not too sure as if he had information no Insurance he could have seized the car.

dvd