Fiat bravo - Front passenger wheel seized - squibsquib

My front paasenger wheel seized tonight and I don't know what caused it. I changed the caliper on that side 2 month ago which i got from a scrap yard. Everything seemed fine till today and my car would no even move. I let it sit for several hours then when i went back it moved fine for a few mile then it happened again. The passenger wheel seemed very hot. I then let it cool a little ad poured some cold water on it and the car moved. I am taking it to a garage tomorrow but just want some advice incase I get ripped off. Could it be the caliper piston as the brake pedal felt tighter but the car braked just the same.

Fiat bravo - Front passenger wheel seized - Collos25

Normally caused by a damaged flexi hose ,it is acting like a one way valve due to internal damage or its a faulty caliper doing the same.Either way it needs stripping down the flexi replacing and the seals in the caliper now they have been so hot.

Fiat bravo - Front passenger wheel seized - madf

Agree with Andy.

I damaged a Fiesta flexi through using hose clamps when dismantling the caliper to rerubber it..

It would appear common to Fiestas over 10 years old...

Fiat bravo - Front passenger wheel seized - squibsquib

Exactly the same happened to me MADF. I used a hose clamp and this damaged my rubber so I changed the hose too a few weeks ago so hoping I will not need to replace that too.