Volkswagen Polo III - Knocking noise coming from forwards driver side - VWblackpolo64

First of all this is the first time I have used the forum and if I miss out any details or you simply wish for more background please ask and I will try to fill in the blanks.

Recently my car has started making a knocking noise, this happens when I am not accelerating or braking, but when I am resting my foot on the accelerator and going a steady speed. The noise will occur when going straight or around a slight turn, but since I know the bearings typically make a wurring noise to indicate that they are worn I don't think it is them. I have also checked all of the other wheels and they are rock solid with no play, I have also checked the sub frame bolts to see if they were loose, but again they had no play. I have also checked the wear on the drive shaft bushes on the drivers to check for wear, but there was no play in them either and they seem okay as well. The wheel nuts are tight and an struggling to locate the source of the noise.

Any insight that you guys maybe able to give on this matter will be greatly appreciated