BMW 3 Series E90 - Should I get a BMW battery or not? - assault+battery

I have to replace the battery in my sister-in-law's car, and as she does only short runs and the battery has died twice already, the RAC advised her to get a new one.

Can anyone tell me which original make/model of battery is installed in a 2005 BMW 320 Petrol Saloon?

Should I buy a genuine BMW battery, which I suspect would just be a badged battery, or get a Bosch 067/096 or Varta equivalent? Would it affect the resale price?

BMW 3 Series E90 - Should I get a BMW battery or not? - Armitage Shanks {p}

Is it possible to read the name of the make of battery when it is installed in the car? Take it from there!

BMW 3 Series E90 - Should I get a BMW battery or not? - elekie&a/c doctor

Original white case batteries on these are usually made by Varta.I would check with Bmw dealer the price of an original replacement as they can be very competitive and sometimes even cheaper on a like for like basis.If you do go the aftermarket route ,stay with top brand name and make sure the battery spec is the same or better.The electronic systems on these can be very sensitve to poor battery capacity/voltage.hth

BMW 3 Series E90 - Should I get a BMW battery or not? - acornarms

hi

you can go to the varta battery web site and pick the battery of your car

www.varta.com

but the bosch battery can do as well

BMW 3 Series E90 - Should I get a BMW battery or not? - injection doc

for many reasons, (from experience ) i would fit a battery from BMW & I seem to remeber the E90 will need the ECU reconfigured for a replacement battery otherwise it will not charge. Omitec i seem to remeber were one of the first to put this facility in their diagnostic tool to "adapt a new battery"

BMW 3 Series E90 - Should I get a BMW battery or not? - Peter.N.

I have just replaced the battery on my E39 tds and used a Varta 110ah which I got from ebay. What you need to compare is the Ah capacity and length of guarantee, the 'goodness' and capacity of a battery can be gauged by its weight - the more lead the higher capacity and longer life, this is really the critera for comparing prices.

I don't know if BMW use calcium batteries as they are a different ball game.