MID & getting Road Tax - nick62
SWMBO's car tax expired at midnight, exactly same time as insurance, (please read on).

Got car MOT'd before we went on fortnight's holiday, but I forgot to renew insurance and apply for road tax at same time.

Re-insured vehicle last Friday (27th Aug.) commencing 1st Sep. and tried to apply for tax on line yesterday (31st Aug), as insurance certificate did not arrive in post (so was not possible to tax at post office), but the on-line system stated that insurance was not valid!

Called insurance company, who said there was nothing more they could do, but send out a duplicate certificate in post!

ASKMID was okay yesterday (31st), but now showing NOT-OKAY as midnight has passed.

Suggestions on a postcard if I want to use the car in the meantime?
MID & getting Road Tax - Dwight Van Driver

Await Postman arriving this morning with Insurance Cert. With that MOT and wallet off to PO and tax.

All now tickyboo.

dvd

MID & getting Road Tax - LucyBC
My own advice is not to buy tax online unless you are pre-ordering prior to expiry date. If you are caught in the street even though the vehicle is taxed you can still be prosecuted for failure to display.
MID & getting Road Tax - martint123
My own advice is not to buy tax online unless you are pre-ordering prior to expiry date. If you are caught in the street even though the vehicle is taxed you can still be prosecuted for failure to display.

This changed some time ago. (red box on reverse of V11) You now get 5 working days of not needing to display - so long as the tax has been applied for and paid before the existing one expires.