Honda CR-V - Poor Main Dealers - GregTaylor

We have recently bought a 2004 Honda CR-V from a main dealer. They put a full 12 month MOT on the car prior to collection but the MOT had advisories that both side front suspension bushes were wearing but, at the moment, there was no play. I was so astonished at the time that I said nothing but I am amazed they would sell a car with a known fault. The situation was made worse by the fact that the "Honda Happiness" warranty we purchase also does not cover bushes and the fault is due to wear and tear. I would have thought nearly every fault is due to wear and tear so the warranty is not of much use (and is quite expensive).

I wonder where we stand on the Sale of Goods Act? In this case, it is not that the fault is assumed to have existed at the time we bought the car, we know it was because they said so!!

I will now stick to used car garages. The Honda had not been properly cleaned and the service before delivery skimped on a number of points. I really wonder if main dealers now only want to sell new cars. Or are new car purchasers dealt with as poorly?

Last laugh is on me, there is no way they will be getting my custom again.

Lovely car though!

Honda CR-V - Poor Main Dealers - madf

You accepted a car when it had not been properly cleaned?

When I buy a car, I check all round before I take delivery and demand faults are fixed.

Take it back to them and get them to change the bushes..

Honda CR-V - Poor Main Dealers - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

I'd not expect perfection from a six year old vehicle. But if the service had been agreed on as part of the deal I'd expect it to be done correctly.

As for the bushes, who knows. How did they know they were worn if there was no play?

Again, if the right price was paid and a 12 month MOT was factored in , that's exactly what you got.

Honda CR-V - Poor Main Dealers - bonzo dog

Hi Greg, the thing is you bought the car knowing that the bushes were wearing so you have no recourse if (when?) they do actually fail; Sales Of Goods would not apply thus.

Equally you can't expect a warranty to pick up a fault which was known to exist prior to the warranty commencing.

Franchised dealers are now selling more & more older vehicles as they can't get their ideal used car stock of 0 to 3 year old.

Saying that, there is no excuse for delivering a car in a dirty condition as this only (as you demonstrate) annoys the customer.

And at the end of the day if you like the car, that's the main thing

Good luck