Ford Mondeo Mk 3 tdci - Engine cuts out and Glow plug warning light flash - MondySK54

When driving normally and attempting to accelerate, my power dies and sometimes engine cuts out completely, happening more frequently, car has just had a replacement engine fitted, but using the same common rail components..It did suffer from the power loss problem before the engine change.. but never died altogether!!..Stop and restarting the car resolves the problem, but repeats itself soon after...replaced my Cam sensor switch, no change..someone has suggested the common rail pressure switch!!.as it was showing zero volts and mechanic says it should give a reading of 1-5volts..Any suggestions...this is my worst car ever, used as a taxi..130k...Losing money every day its off the road.

Ford Mondeo Mk 3 tdci - Engine cuts out and Glow plug warning light flash - Collos25

Turbo actuator

Ford Mondeo Mk 3 tdci - Engine cuts out and Glow plug warning light flash - scrumv

2006 TDCi Ghia 81000

Had similar problem for last 2 months. Contacted mechanic and my work who did diagnostics. Told me it showed 2 problems. cam sensor and fuel pump. To make it worse he said that my rattling engine needed the DMF replaced (81K). He changed the sensor but as i had an extended warranty with ford he told to take it back to them. I did and they too put it on test and told me the cut out was due to the DMF. The warranty paid for the wheel but I had to pay £180 for the clutch. 6 days later car cut again whilst driving but as before restarted immediately. Took it back to ford who wanted another £75 to do diagnostics again. Not happy but told them to go ahead. They came back and told me nos 1 & 3 injectors failed needing replacing. They wanted £750 for the job. Asked my local mechanic and he quoted £500 using ford parts. Alas injectors are not covered by warranty. Well he fitted and took car for test drive and said it was going like a dream with a lot more power then bang lots of smoke, Told me the fuel pump had gone. Now this is covered under warranty so the car was taken back to ford via rac. After 2 days with them all they could tell me was loss of fuel pressure. Then they told yes the fuel pump has failed which has now wrecked all 4 injectors including the 2 new ones (2 hours old at time of bang). They are happy to tell me the pump will be covered but not the injectors plus a few other items needed to sort everything out. All they want me to pay is £2200. (Not an option). As you can guess I am not very happy. Despite having the car on test twice and being told that the pump was faulty they never found it until it had done the damage. I have owned the car for 2 years and still paying it off so i would be better off smashing into a wall or something.

very bitter

Edited by scrumv on 09/09/2010 at 18:19