KIA Picanto - Kia Picanto Dashboard Dials dont illuminate?! - Kelbusby

Hi. I have a 59 plate Picanto and I'm sure the instrument panel (Speedo and fuel dials) used to light up even if the main headlights were off. So say I was going through a long tunnel, the dials are light up just enough to see them and I don't get done for speeding. Well they don't light up now? My Boyfriends thinks I'm mistaken and that it never did light up a little. Am I losing the plot or does my new car have a fault?

Kia have not responded (helpful!). Can any other newbie owners help me out here it's driving me mad.

Thanks Karen

KIA Picanto - Kia Picanto Dashboard Dials dont illuminate?! - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

Do the panel lights illuminate when the headlights are on? If not, then you have a fault.

If they do, make sure you always put your headlights on in tunnels; that is the norm -most tunnels have notices to require it.

Of course, but putting your headlights on in a tunnel is for yours and others safety...so you can be seen not so you can see your dash as such!?

I'm sure they used to illuminate just a little. Just enough so I could tell on a dull day or going under a bridge then rather than a tunnel!!

Maybe I am losing it my boyf will be so pleased if he is right! :(

KIA Picanto - Kia Picanto Dashboard Dials dont illuminate?! - wickerman

Hi karen, our picato ( 10 plate ) the dash lights up only when the side or headlights are on . They glow orange / red colour . hope this helps Wickerman

OK! so yours dont light up/glow unless the lights are on....Thanks for the reply (I'm going to get such a smug grin from boyf!)

Any other takers so I don't look like a plank!?!?