Digital Cameras - jonny10buds

I sell cars on the internet and relly on superior photographs to draw attention to my adverts, I've been using a Fuji Finepix A605 which is probably about 6 years old and it's been taking crystal clear pictures filled with vibrant colour. Yesterday it finally packed up so I bought a Fuji Finepix J28 and it's nowhere near as good as the old one, the pictures are dull and slightly blurred, and are curved as though they're being viewed on a bubble. What setting do I need to be on to get the results I need? I'm on 03M quality as they have to be of e-mailable size, I can't use a flash as I get too much glare back from number plates and reflectors. Thanks, John.

Digital Cameras - geoff1248

Don't take the pics at such a low magapixel rate. Always take at the maximum the camera can do which I think for the J28 is 10 megs. Then use computer software to compress the pics to an e-mailable size.

Digital Cameras - jonny10buds

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Digital Cameras - bbc123

If you do import pictures from your camera with the highest resolution settings, you can compress them using the Image Resizer PowerToy from Microsoft. Download the PowerToy from Microsoft's website - it's a really simple tool. Once you've installed it onto your computer, right click on the thumbnail of the image you'd like to compress in Windows Explorer and select Resize Pictures. You can adjust the amount of compression to suit your needs.

Detailed info below:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx