Motoring School and the V5C - starfield

Hi All

I am thinking of buying a used nissan micra. I know that this car was very popular among motoring schools. Obviously i do not want one with such a past history. Does the V5C say whether the car has been used as such.

What other ways can i find out whether a car has been used as such.

Motoring School and the V5C - Dwight Van Driver

V5 will not show any connection with a Driving School unless they have registered it to their firms address so time to put on a detective hat and ask around. Ask for past history from seller. Check from test certificate where it was tested and ask them. Check also advice on this site from HJ on buying a used vehicle for the signs etc of ill use.

If you have any qualms walk away for whilst they are no longer being made in macamland there are plenty about. If you are in the North East come back and I will direct you to good source.

dvd

Motoring School and the V5C - veryoldbear

Always worth having a look under the carpet in the near-side footwell to see if there are signs of it having been fitted with dual controls. If it had, the carpet itself may have been changed and may look appreciably newer / cleaner than the drivers side.

Motoring School and the V5C - starfield

thanx veryoldbear. i never thought of that!!

any other good give away signs

Motoring School and the V5C - Blue {P}

A patch on the roof where the plastic film was fitted to allow the roof sign to be taken on and off safely is the only other give away I can think of.

When I sold my SOM car (a Focus) the holes for the dual pedals had been filled and the carpet repaired very effectively, but a careful inspection would definitely have given the game away.

The big school (BSM) uses Fiats now and they sell them on after 6 months to a year via approved used schemes etc. The main ones using Micras are smaller independant operators ho will probably sell the car privately to a client or get shot via Autotrader when it's covered about 100K.

Ultimately though, why worry about it? The chances that you'll get an SOM car are very slim, only a tiny proportion of Nissan Micras will have been used in such a way. Corsas are a different story though as that's what BSM used until very recently.