bmw e46 318 - engine warning dam light - gazzer01278

ive had the engine warning light reset and checked on the computer p0171 was the code

too lean have used fuel treatment and this problem has come to light ,any thoughts on where i should go from here as seen on forums others have replaced a lot of parts to find light come back. after light reset engine light hasnt come back on however im still down on power i have 1/.2 a tank of fuel in system with additive do i use this up before rebooking at a garage to see if it clears told it may be a injector a leaking air pipework just wanting to do the right thing best vaule for money????

bmw e46 318 - engine warning dam light - elekie&a/c doctor

P 0171 is a very common fault code on this engine.Very often there is no noticeable loss of performance or engine running issues.This fault is usually flagged if there are any air leaks in the intake system,especially the breather pipes that run along the back of the engine or the round breather valve that is located on the inlet manifold.Also check that the dipstick and oil filler cap are sealing correctly.Another possible cause is the air mass sensor out of calibration.hth

P 0171 is a very common fault code on this engine.Very often there is no noticeable loss of performance or engine running issues.This fault is usually flagged if there are any air leaks in the intake system,especially the breather pipes that run along the back of the engine or the round breather valve that is located on the inlet manifold.Also check that the dipstick and oil filler cap are sealing correctly.Another possible cause is the air mass sensor out of calibration.hth

well did have a little drive again last night slugish on pullaway but then giving it some welly didnt seem so bad will check oil dipstick. when the engine was on computer it picked up low vaules on one not going above 1 the others were peaking at 2.1 ish what test was this injectors?or cylinders did let the car run low on fuel 300 miles ago but things were fine many thanks for any input,...

????

bmw e46 318 - engine warning dam light - top-mechanic

my moneys on airmass !!!!!!