Volkswagen Golf Plus 55' 34k - esp light on vw golf - mmorand

The esp light came on about a week ago on my 55 golf 34k. Since then I have taken it to VW for a diagnosis, they informed me that ‘abs control unit faulty. New one required at £1320’.

They told me that as my 2009 service wasn’t carried out at VW they would not contribute anything towards the cost. If it had been serviced with them they would have paid for the part and 50% of the labour costs.

I told them that I knew it was a common fault and that it was not a serviceable part. The told me that they couldn’t do anything else for me but I could try contacting customer care.

I have since then contacted customer care, where I was told that once the retailer had made there decision that they would back the retailer. Therefore, no goodwill for me.

I have gone back to the dealership with the information that it seems like it is there decision was paramount, where I was again told that there was nothing that they could do. I just feel like customer care and the dealership are trying to pass the buck, which I am having none of.

I will fight this till the end, I have already emailed watchdog!!

Volkswagen Golf Plus 55' 34k - esp light on vw golf - Collos25

If VW paid 50% of their price it would still be more than you can get a unit and have it fitted.Its a common fault on all VW's which is born out with the amount of people offering new or recon units at reasonable prices(look on ebay)Is it that much of a suprise that a five year old car has a fault the 34k has nothing to do with it.I would chase VW but I would also have it repaired myself in the meantime because I think you will have a long wait.

Good luck.

Volkswagen Golf Plus 55' 34k - esp light on vw golf - buttercanes22

Snap. My Esp light came on too last year, the only difference was that I had a full service history and still they only offered to pay half of the £1100. After an £85 diagnosis fee, I phoned VW head quarters myself but this got me no further as the reason they gave me for only offering 50% was the age of the car. It was 4 years old for god sake. When I decided I couldn't afford it, I drove the car around for a couple of months - noticing a handling difference taking the odd slide in wet conditions. So when I could finally afford to have it fixed, I went to book it in with the garage I bought it from (hoping for some goodwill discount)and they told me they would charge me another diagnosis fee. I was disgusted and took it to my local garage where they repaired it for £550. I now have a 2 year warranty with that part. So even though it still cost me half of the price, I would not give VW the satisfaction and I have got Watchdog involved who have been in contact.

Volkswagen Golf Plus 55' 34k - esp light on vw golf - Peter D

Contact www. BBA-reman.co.uk for a quote and timescale for a repair. Regards Peter