Ford Fusion Zetec - Don't want to go ahead and purchase a used car - t_jaskeran

Hello, my wife paid a £500.00 deposit by credit card for a second hand car at a ford dealership and said she would pick up the car in about four weeks when she had received an insurance payout. On the receipt the salesmen wrote delivery date TBC.

The manager & salesan have both now called my wife today and said we have to pick up the car asap otherwise we will have to pay more for the car as second hand the prices will go up.

This was last Saturday so only three days ago, my wife now does not want to buy the car from this garage as she is feeling a little bit harrasssed.. Can we tell them we have changed our mind and claim back our deposit.

Also can they really now make us pick up the car sooner that they agreed.

Thanks for your help

Tony Jaskeran

Ford Fusion Zetec - Don't want to go ahead and purchase a used car - Falkirk Bairn

the contract - written or verbal was Buy the for £xxxx, car delivery in 4 weeks They now want you to

1) Pick up the car now or

2)Pay more in 4 weeks time

They are breaking the contract and you are due your £500 back with no questions about it!

Thanks very much, I'll give them the option to stick to the orginal agreement otherwise its my money back. Will go and see them tomorrow.

Ford Fusion Zetec - Don't want to go ahead and purchase a used car - LucyBC
They cannot put the price up but you are locked into the deal at the price which was agreed.

If they refuse to deliver the car at that price they are in breach. However if you refuse to continue with the purchase you are in breach.

If the deal can proceed in a reasonably timely manner on the price which was agreed you will be liable for the deposit and it will not be recoverable.

Thanks for the advice, I'll speak to them and see if we can reach agreement.