Volkswagen VW Polo 1.2 Twist - Should I buy this car - mark45

Hello

I was considering buying a car from a relatives friend VW Polo 1.2L Twist 5dr 39,400 miles, logbook
MOT Jan '11
Tax Jul 31 '10

Reg Oct '54 I think

for £4,000

I ask, is this a good idea?

I was planning to use it for university - was going to use mums car (Nissan Micra 1.0 Tempest) and she was going to get an old banger but instead of (imo) wasting time with old cars that may need to get serviced alot to get this one to last longer? What do you guys think? Thanks a bunch!

Volkswagen VW Polo 1.2 Twist - Should I buy this car - maltrap

First i must declare an intrest, i,ve owned 5VW,s & think theyre great. When thinking of buying an old banger for my sons first car my wife thought he should have her Polo "in case he has a crash" which i thought was good advice. I think buying from a (trusted) relative is also a good idea. To find out the value of the car you could go on to the Autotrader website and see what similair cars are being offered at. Good luck.

Volkswagen VW Polo 1.2 Twist - Should I buy this car - carl_a

4k for a six year old Polo, that's far to much for any small car of the age and especially one with a dire engine, poor performance and high Co2 levels. The best in class at the time, the Honda Jazz can be had newer, with less miles and for less cost than the Polo.