Citroen Saxo - C V Boot Clip. - Carl2

Can you buy replacement clips to restrain the outer C V boot (80mm). The clip fitted from new has simply popped apart and can not be re connected. As a temporary measure I've put a cable tie around the old clip to hold it in place. There is no ridge on the CV just a slight indentation with a ridge in the rubber boot so I don't want to rely on a cable tie. The only option I can see is to buy a replacement boot kit and take the clip out. Should add there is very little clearance, the cable tie only just fits.

Citroen Saxo - C V Boot Clip. - bathtub tom

You can buy cable ties in different sizes. I've used them to retain CV boots quite succesfully. I don't have the proper tool to clamp the clips supplied in kits and I wind a cable tie tight by wrapping the tail round some thin-nosed pliers.

You should find a groove in the CV.

Citroen Saxo - C V Boot Clip. - Carl2

I think your right. I only had two different types handy and they only just fitted. I have just seen on e bay some stainless ties. I am wondering if these may be successful because they join one end on top of the other. The groove in the CV is very narrow and shallow, the boot has a ridge that is only about 1.5mm wide that sits in this groove. I'll have a propper look for some wider and longer ties tomorrow. Thanks