Carony AutoAdapt Or Similar - Looking for second hand wheelchair to car system - Sangy

Hello, we are looking for a second hand Carony / AutoAdapt (or similar) mechanism with swivel seat and sliding on to wheelchair, for a saloon car. We would like to be able to shift my mother from a wheelchair into our car with ease. Thanks.

Carony AutoAdapt Or Similar - Looking for second hand wheelchair to car system - RaineMan

My late mother had severe Parkinsons. Local support groups for this and other conditions like MS may be able to advise you. It was the only time I have ever seen a s/h system advertised. Also worth a phone call to the OT (Occupational Therapy) department at your local hospital.

Carony AutoAdapt Or Similar - Looking for second hand wheelchair to car system - academy

My wife has MS and we have been using one of these for 3 years. I would not recommend these as they are not as easy as is made out. The vehicle has to be on perfectly flat ground or it is almost impossible to get the wheelchair back in situ to slide the seat back into the car. On one occasion I had to move my car three times in the car park until I could get it level. On top of that the wheelchair itself is not very easy to manoever around because of the nature of the front wheels. This afternoon the seat jammed and I had to lift my wife into the back seat by myself. (I am fairly fit and am 6' tall)

We have just ordered a new ramped vehicle!!!

Carony AutoAdapt Or Similar - Looking for second hand wheelchair to car system - slowdown avenue

i have a carony wheelchair , its yours for £500 , , one light wieght owner non smoker

Carony AutoAdapt Or Similar - Looking for second hand wheelchair to car system - Sangy

i have a carony wheelchair , its yours for £500 , , one light wieght owner non smoker

Hi, thanks for your response.. do you have the entire mechanism? The part that fits into the car etc? Or just the wheelchair? If you could send me more details, i'd be grateful.

Carony AutoAdapt Or Similar - Looking for second hand wheelchair to car system - slowdown avenue

Yes, have all receipts and instructions etc. This would fit a 3-door Corsa c but could be e4ngineered to fit other 3 door cars by drilling new locating holes and use of space washers. I have in fact changed it from one car to another very easily. We found this invaluable as my mother-in-law was an amputee and it was our only way of getting her about and is an extremely comfy stand-alone wheelchair . Please get in touch if you need any more info.

Hi, would like to contact you over email so that we can get more specs... can you please send me your email ID? Mine is tonimerch@gmail.com

Thanks.