RenaultSport Clio 200 - RenaultSport Clio 200- kangarooing - Northerner33
I bought a brand new 200 in March 2010 and have been very disappointed by its tendency to "kangaroo" from cold starts at low revs. Apart from anything else it is a safety issue at junctions. On going to my dealer they suggested that it was a common fault that could be overcome by idling the car for 2/3 minutes once started. I find this completely unsatisfactory for a brand new car and smells of a design fault.
RenaultSport Clio 200 - RenaultSport Clio 200- kangarooing - MikeTorque

What fuel are you using ?

RenaultSport Clio 200 - RenaultSport Clio 200- kangarooing - Northerner33

Just normal 95. I wouldn't excect to have to use 98 for the Clio.

RenaultSport Clio 200 - RenaultSport Clio 200- kangarooing - MikeTorque

Did the test drive car have this kangarooing issue ?

It's worth trying a tank of super unleaded to see if that clears the problem, these types of engines are more sensitive to fuel than other normally aspirated engines. If that clears the problem then try another brand of 95 octane and see if the problem stays away.

RenaultSport Clio 200 - RenaultSport Clio 200- kangarooing - kingtiger
I bought a brand new 200 in March 2010 and have been very disappointed by its tendency to "kangaroo" from cold starts at low revs. Apart from anything else it is a safety issue at junctions. On going to my dealer they suggested that it was a common fault that could be overcome by idling the car for 2/3 minutes once started. I find this completely unsatisfactory for a brand new car and smells of a design fault.

I was very interested to see this report, as I have been having exactly the same problem with my 200 since it was new, having got the car in January this year. Mine has been doing it form cold and when warmed up. I have had the car back to the dealer who said nothing wrong could be found. I was using 95 ron petrol but changed to 97, the highest octane I can get in my area, BP Ultimate and the problem disappeard for about two weeks but has now returned. I too think it is very unsatisfactory and the issue is spoiling completely an otherwise fine car.

RenaultSport Clio 200 - RenaultSport Clio 200- kangarooing - Tim1966

Hi,

I also bought a Renault sport in March 2010 and have had the same problem recently of kangarooing. Did you resolve your problem, and if so could you give me any tips?

Thanks

Tim