Peugeot 306 HDI - Cutting out problem - El_tel

Hi,

My 306 HDi Meridian '99 (X Reg) has recently started to occaisionally cut out whilst driving.

It's ok when driving around town but it seems it only occurs when it picks up speed or change gear at around 2500rpm and above it just cuts out. The engine management light comes on and the car generally starts again without a problem.

I've taken it to the garage and 3 weeks later he still doesn't know what it is. Its been on a diagnostic machine and the code is coming up is P1112 - Fuel Pressure Control, Permanent Fault. The mechanic put a new camshaft sensor which didn't work.

I was just wondering if there was anyone that may have had a similar experience or may know what it could be that's causing this to cut out.

Any information is greatly received.

Apologies if I may sound vague but my car knowledge is limited!

Many thanks from a very frustrated 306 owner!

Peugeot 306 HDI - Cutting out problem - dazzsaward

Hi,

I had the same problem on my 306 HDI (2001) a few years ago. It is normally the fuel pump which is located in the engine that is starting to play up. There are two pumps on this car - 1 is under the back seat in the actual fuel tank and the other is in the engine.

The 1 under the back seat is about £60-70 for a new one and takes about 5-10minutes to fit. The 1 in the engine is about £700 new from Peugeot or £250-ish from a good quality Peugeot breaker. Fortunately, these pumps are NOT coded so you can swap them between cars. However, it takes at least 4 hours to do the job so the labour rates will hurt if you can't do it yourself. I would highly recommend you get both pumps changed together and also do the timing belt too. It may be worth looking on ebay to see if anybody is selling a second hand pump.

I had the same job done few years ago and including all the parts, labour and a full service it cost me about £650. I peronally don't think it's worth spending that kind of money on a car as old as yours. If you do decide to get a seond hand pump, try and get one that has come from a low mileage car as I think these pumps begin to become problematic after 120k. What mileage has your car done? Have you been driving it quite often on low fuel levels as this is a common cause of knackering these pumps?

Hope this helps and let me know if you need any more information.

Peugeot 306 HDI - Cutting out problem - dazzsaward

Hi

I've just had a look on ebay and there are quite a few people selling the pump at very reasonable prices. Worth checking out.

Peugeot 306 HDI - Cutting out problem - El_tel

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it its very helpful. I'll speak to the guy at the garage and see what he thinks and hopefully get it sorted.

Will let you know how I get on, fingers crossed!!

Thanks again