Cavalier SRI MK3 Fuel Problems - Anthony Oliver
My SRI seems to have a lack of fuel getting into the engine.

When then u have about a quarter of the tank, at accelerating it seems to be very hessitant as in , accerate then stop then goes again, u can put the foot to the floor sometimes and it will just not accerlerate at all, then will suddenly go fast. Also when starting from warm when the car has been driven about then stopped, if u start the engine straight away it cuts out all the time until u keep revving it up when its about to stall. then it will eventually keep running.

I have changed the fuel pump, fuel regulator, air flow meter, vacum, fuel filter,

its even been away to a garage, which tuned the car up and still has the same problem,

Be much appreciated if you could give me as much feed back as possible please. thank you
Cavalier SRI MK3 Fuel Problems - Ian (Cape Town)
Is the tank breather pipe blocked?
That would cause many of the symptoms you mention.
Cavalier SRI MK3 Fuel Problems - Dynamic Dave
when starting from warm when the car has been driven about
then stopped, if u start the engine straight away it cuts out
all the time until u keep revving it up when its about to
stall. then it will eventually keep running.

This problem is more than likely the tickover valve. Situated at the rear of the injection housing, connected by two rubber hoses. Description, round aluminium cylinder, approx 4" long, by 1½" diameter. Disconnect the electrical plug, undo the two jubilee clamps and remove from car. Flush out with petrol and refit.

Regarding the other problem, Ian's suggestion is very feasible.
Cavalier SRI MK3 Fuel Problems - jc
Also called ISC(idle speed control)valve or ABV(air by-pass valve).
Thanks for you suggestions i will go and try the flushing out of the idle valve, if you have more i'd be welcome thank you
Cavalier SRI MK3 Fuel Problems - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
I'd say you have two different probs. The erratic running could be defective throttle position switch or Airflow meter giving intermittent or spurious signals to the PCM. The stalling is probably dirt in the throttle butterfly area and the idle speed control valve. Be VERY careful when cleaning the valve to hold the electric motor end up always to prevent solvent running into the motor and wrecking it (V expensive). To check the operation of the TPS or AFM ideally needs dedicated equipment but can be checked with a multimeter on DCvolts 0-5v scale.
Thanks i have cleaned out the idle control valve, and a lot of dirt came out of it. It seems to be a lot better at starting as soon as u switch off the engine and on again after running it to normal temperature but stills cuts out if u leave it for 10 mins after u switch it off.

Does anybody know how much a throttle possition switch is? if its not that expensive i might just change it for a new anyway,

Thanks
Cavalier SRI MK3 Fuel Problems - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
How's about the fuel pump relay?

I had one go some years ago on a year old 2.0 8-valve CD Cav 3.

Used to stall, then refuse to start until left for a while.

New relay fixed it.