Omega V6 1994 - cooling problems - Omega1994

Hi, I have just discover a leak situated really in the back place, right below the window wipers. To access and see the leaking part is somehow impossible to me but it have to be done. Is there any literature to advice you what to dismantle first, and second and so fort...

The Garage man told me that the leak is coming not from the rubber hose but from the distributor to which the hoses are connected. I would like to order the piece right away but how can I if I don't have a schema....... is there any place to look at the drawings and see the number of the part or parts around at the that part of the engine.

I love the car and really don't want to throw it away because of one silly leak. Anyone can help? I do have the problem to live in France and the French are not very good in looking into none French vehicles .

Omega V6 1994 - cooling problems - piston power

Have you got a haynes manual?

If it's a hose a temporary repair can be done with some copper pipe 15mm like used in the home or water waste for a big pipe just to get you going so you know which one.

It could be a heater hose or a cooling pipe to radiator you will have to investiate with your torch and get under the car time to get dirty o i love this bit.!!

Omega V6 1994 - cooling problems - topbloke

most likely to be the diverter valve at the rear of the head's common enough fault, if the vac pipe that go's to it is removed and the pipe pluged the leak stops, temp repair only though, to gain access you need to remove the wiper motor and linkage and scuttle trim (not to bad a job but then i know what to do)then you should be able to see the offending article, main dealer only part i would have thought and they should know what you are talking about but strip it and check it before you buy a new one just incase its a pipe, Regards TB ps tell the french garages that its an opel that should get them helping you

if you google vauxhall Heater control valve "images" you will find it part number is

90566947 http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-parts-trade/product-detail-MOMRS/aftermarket-Heater-Valve-For-Heat-Exchanger.html

Edited by topbloke on 30/04/2010 at 19:36