Mercedes Benz C-Class W203 - Radio compatability - lion345

Just bought a 2003 Merc C270 and love it to bits except for the very poor performing radio in the A10 radio/cassette. In my little area of Cornwall it loses reception very easily despite RDS and I know longer have any cassettes I can play.

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a A10 radio/Cd unit without any loss of function from the steering wheel unit?

Or is it even possible to fit a unit from a later model 2005+ without too much bother?

Dan

Mercedes Benz C-Class W203 - Radio compatability - elekie&a/c doctor

The radio/cd unit will be a direct fit but I'm not sure this will improve the radio reception as the antenna is incorporated in the rear screen elements and can cause problems.The later 05 models have a different centre console and wiring system ,so the radio/cd units are not compatible.However it is possible to fit a good quailty aftermarket system that may give better reception but will need a fascia plate adaptor and an electronic module to enable the original steering wheel controls to operate.Also removal of the radio on these is not a 5 min job and requires the centre console to be dismantled.hth

Mercedes Benz C-Class W203 - Radio compatability - lion345

Thanks elekie&a/c doctor, you have answered my questions.