Peugeot 406 Excecutive - Airbag Light - 406HDIexecutive

I have a 2002 peugeot 406 executive, the airbag warning light comes on when the car is started, not all the time but most of the times, and it displays airbag fault on the middle display where the radio is found, and then that message goes away what bothers me is the light on the instrument cluster which wont go away. Is there some way of stopping this airbag fault, the indicator stalks in my car are brand new so that is not the cause of the problem, and i have heard about a wire under the seat but my car has electrically moving and heated seats so there is quite a collection of wires. Exactly what is it that should be done.

Peugeot 406 Excecutive - Airbag Light - Robin the Technician

This is a well documented fault which I have advised a fix for on here before. Its the plugs underneath the seats. For some reason they make a bad contact and then tells the system there is a fault. It's usually common on cars where the seats are regularly moved forwards and backwards by the occupants. The official Peugeot fix is to remove the plugs from the harness and reconnect the wires (colour to colour i.e. blue to blue etc - colour given for example only). This will then remove the faulty part. I did this fix on both my last 406 and my current one. It works fine.

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician