No MOT, no road TAX - dan
My car has been in a bodyshop for nearly two weeks more than originally estimated. I don't really mind this but unfortunately the road tax has expired. Doesn't matter right, got my insurance certificate, car's off the road and oh b*****, so has my MOT.
How do l get from the garage to the MOT station without a tax disk?
Well l know l'm going to drive it regardless but what's my legal position?
No MOT, no road TAX - Tom Shaw
If you are driving to a pre-booked appointment at an MoT station you are legally entitled to drive without a current MoT or Tax Disk.

Make sure the car is booked in tho', because they always check.
No MOT, no road TAX - Pugugly {P}
Get it SORN'd toorrow - unless it is already.

Book it in for an MoT and ensure the apointment is in the book. You will be exempted for the trip to the garage from MoT and VEL.

MAKE SURE ITS DOCUMENTED BY THE GARAGE !!!
No MOT, no road TAX - Cliff Pope
If it is 2 weeks overdue, then when you have MOTed it you will backdate the tax to cover those weeks?
I am puzzled about the application of SORN to situations like this. Can you SORN a car for part of a month? Can you un-SORN part of a month by subsequently taxing it? Or are you stuck with SORN until a full month has passed?
And does the exemption from tax for driving to a booked MOT apply if the car is SORNed?
I don't know why l have to SORN it, l'm not bothered about ending up paying two weeks road tax when it is off the road. Anyway, what if the sprayers took it out for a spin and gets camera'd.
I intend to book it in for an MOT as soon as l know when l'm getting it back. From the MOT station l will proceed forthwith to a P.O. where l will buy my tax.

Does anyone see a flaw in this cunning plan?
No MOT, no road TAX - Cliff Pope
. From the MOT
station l will proceed forthwith to a P.O. where l will
buy my tax.
Does anyone see a flaw in this cunning plan?

Yes - unless the PO happens to be on your way home from the MOT, then if you were stopped between the MOT place and the PO it could be argued that you were not simply going to and from an MOT.
Unfair and unlikely, admittedly.
Well l wouldn't be on the way back, and in any case l would have my MOT by that point right?
Oh l'm confused...
No MOT, no road TAX - Dwight Van Driver
Whilst it is not written down in law as a partial exemption but by practice DVLA do not prosecute within 14 days of expiry of the old Licence and providing Duty is paid for the month. So Dan get your MOT and with your Insurance, Excise Form and cash, call at the PO and get a Licence.

DvD.
Willdo.
Cheers.