Vauxhall Vectra B - What is the best engine oil flush - Ell's

Hi, there

Well I plan to do a oil and fillter change in the next day or so but Im looking to flush out the engine at the same time......

Any help and advice on the best poduct to use and the propper way to use it would be of grate help.

Thanks for all the help.

Vauxhall Vectra B - What is the best engine oil flush - boggles

I never actually use flushing fluids myself, as I always do oil changes mid way through the manufacturers schedule. This I find keeps the engine's 'innards in fine, clean fettle. One of the most popular flushing fluids, used by the trade and members of the "Good Garage" scheme, round here anyway, is Forte. This is simply tipped in, then you sit and run the engine for a while and then stop and drain the sump as normal.

Vauxhall Vectra B - What is the best engine oil flush - Ell's

Thank you .

I allso don't bother with flushing out the engine ... but I got my new car 2 months back and the tapits are claging about and im loosing slight compretion. Hoping a good flushout and new oil will fix it..

Fort, is a brand I have heard off and yes its good stuf. Im hoping someone will say "wow this stuf is the best in the world"......But thankyou Ill prob end up using fort .

Vauxhall Vectra B - What is the best engine oil flush - Victorbox

Forte is what most Vauxhall dealers use at service time.

Vauxhall Vectra B - What is the best engine oil flush - colino

Unless this is a cheap clunker that is clicking and rattling because of treacle in the sump, just give it a normal oil and filter change. Engine flushes can disturb all sorts of crud to be dislodged and moved to exactly where it can do most harm.

Another oil and filter change after a thousand miles will be gentler on the engine.

Vauxhall Vectra B - What is the best engine oil flush - Massao

The best product is Protec. I have used it, and it is simply "wow" :) No matter how much crap/curd you have in there, it will clean all out! The new oil will look completely golden for months :)

Vauxhall Vectra B - What is the best engine oil flush - skidpan

You can never totally flush an engine, a small amount of oil always remains in the sump together with oil that remians in the galleries and around the bearings.

Even the best oil flush will not shift the sludge that collects in the bottom of the sump of a car that has been neglected, the only way to remove that is to remove the sump and clean it out. This is by far the best method since it does not risk loosening particles and blocking the pick up strainer.

So in my opinion take off the sump first and check/remove the sludge. After that if you must mix some flush with the fresh oil and drop after a few minutes. Better to simply refill with oil, fit new filter, run for a few hundred miles and then change again.

Always use the correct spec oil for the engine, don't go thinking a thicker oil will make the tappets quieter. More often than not a thicker oil makes them worse since it may be too thick for an older oil pump to cope with plus when cold the thinner modern oils get pumped around the engine much faster and help prevent wear.

Vauxhall Vectra B - What is the best engine oil flush - Cyd

My recipe is as follows:

(btw: I use this on my 07 Saab 9-3 Aero 2.0T, so if yours is a petrol itsn't it the same basic engine?)

# add a tub of STP or Wynns engine flush to the oil then go for a drive
# get the engine nice and warm then pull her in the garage. leave it running a few minutes especially if the turbo is glowing.
# lift the front of the car about an extra 3 to 4 inches with a trolley jack (incidentally on my car lifting it this way allows the oil to drain from the rear plug more thoroughly)
# remove the dipstick and oil filler cap
# remove sump plug and allow oil to drain
# remove filter housing and old filter
# place a filter which is only used for flushing into holder
# replace plug and pour half of a 5 litre tub of Comma Flush Out into sump
# drop car back down off jack
# run motor for 20 mins
# have a cuppa and sarny (or perform other service tasks whilst you wait)
# Lift car back up and drain as before
# remove filter housing and filter
# pour 1/4 litre of fresh oil down both the fill cap and filter housing and allow to drain through
# replace filter and sump plug and drop car again
# pour second half of Flush Out into sump
# run for 10 mins plus
# lift and drain as before
# remove filter and discard
# pour 1/4 litre of fresh oil down both the fill cap and filter housing and allow to drain through thoroughly
# wipe out filter bowl if necessary
# fit new filter and fill sump with oil.
# check oil to correct level as usual

I've done this five times now at roughly 4k intervals and the engine is now spotless inside. The first lot of Flush Out is coming out much cleaner than when I first started the regime, so I am reducing the number of flushes to one at each change from next time. BTW I started this regime when I bought the car at 42k and it had only had 3 oil changes at that point. The inside of the engine was quite dirty and oil came out very black for the first couple of changes.
I run on super unleaded exclusively. It runs better and seems to help keep the oil cleaner.

Of course, according to some on here, I'm a dinosaur for not letting my car run to 20k before just draining it quick.But I believe the "proof is in the pudding". My engine is clean inside, it runs virtually silently and is extremely smooth. I also keep the turbo compressor and throttle body clean and it drives brilliantly with neck-snapping responsiveness (it's also got a Maptun tune).

Vauxhall Vectra B - What is the best engine oil flush - slkfanboy

I have tried a flush but can't say it made any effect. When changing oil make sure the engine is warm and change more often than manufactures recommend.

Most car these days push the oil changes to the limits to keep the service costs down. Which is fine if you change your car every 3yrs and 36,000 miles. When I did 50k a year not so cleaver, better of changing every 6000-12,000 miles