parking laws - crapcar
any one tell me what type of signs have to be displayed for parking.when in london you get a big sign on the road controlled zone
i am from kent we have a sign about 1/2 a mile from where i got a ticket but not on the road i was in
parking laws - Dwight Van Driver
Page 64 of Highway Code (1993 Edition)under Road Markings - Waiting Restrictions?

DvD
parking laws - Dwight Van Driver
Just a bit more for you to understand how you got into this predicament, using the Keyword - Road Traffic Act 1991 - bring up the Act and read sections 50 to 77 (63 - 77 most appropriate).
You may be lucky if using the Keyword - (Borough of London where you attracted the Ticket) Parking Order - may bring up the Order infringed and how and where to appeal.

DVD
parking laws - Bromptonaut
Not clear from thew original post whether the incident took place in London or Kent. Volvoman has posted a link on another thread for the National Parking Adjudication Service (www.parking-appeals.gov.uk/) They deal with appeals out of London for those areas where parking offences have been "decriminalised". You will get a Penalty charge Notice issued by an attendant rather than a fixed penalty issued by the police or wardens. Usually applies to all roads except motorways and trunk roads where enforcement remains with the police. Quite a lot of usefull background on their site as well.

All London Boroughs have decriminalised enforcement. Think the police/wardens still look after the red routes though. There is a separate appeals service for London their url is www.parkingandtrafficappeals.gov.uk/

The ticket should give details of the offence type, issuing authority and appeal route.

In both cases you have to go through a process of making, and having rejected, representations to the issuing council before you can appeal to the tribunal.