Fiesta MK4 1998 - Battery charger.. - DelB

Hello there, I have a 1998 ford fiesta mk4 with obviously a 12V battery.

What kind of charger do you recommend I charge this battery with? It will not hold it's charge for longer than a day and I know nothing is draining it down. So i'm going to try to charge it before I replace the battery..

Thank you very much, Phil

Fiesta MK4 1998 - Battery charger.. - oilrag

If the alternator is charging Phil, I would just stick a new battery on.

You could likely get Halfords to check alternator output and battery condition without commiting yourself to a battery purchase.

If you feel you really must look at chargers,I would imagine that the cheapest charger they sell would do. But these days I see chargers as a waste of cash and just tend to fit a new battery to our own cars, at the first sign of weakness.

Saves a lot of trouble.

Regards

Fiesta MK4 1998 - Battery charger.. - Peter.N.

I would agree, if the car is being used regularly and the alternator is good, you shouldn't ever need to charge the battery.

Fiesta MK4 1998 - Battery charger.. - Peter.N.

I would agree. If the car is being used regularly and the alternator is good, you should never need to charge the battery, put the money towards a new one. If it was a '50s car with a dynamo - then maybe.

Fiesta MK4 1998 - Battery charger.. - DelB

Yes I'm using the car for a good 60 miles a day, I'm guessing my battery seems like it's knackered then!

Phil