95 1.6 16v engine will not fire - blondievp
Hi I have a 1.6 16v petrol engine. Its has done about 110,000miles.

The other day I pulled out of a junction and managed to smoke out the car behind me, the car then started to Kangaroo down the road at random intervals, just as I parked up the car was sounding like a tug boat.

Went to start the car the next day and the engine will turn over but will not fire, on rare occasion it will fire and then conk out again after a second or 2.

I have checked and there is fuel getting through, I have got a spark. We found one of the vacum pipes had broken off and have replaced that (have also called the AA out to try and start it and he tried all of the above and still doesnt know why it wont start) Have tried to bump start that car and it will still not fire

Any one have an idea

Thanks vp
95 1.6 16v engine will not fire - topbloke
has it got the correct fuel in it, this car may be early enough to get the blink codes out with a paperclip try a search its a well known and tested methord however possible that there may be a few red herrings from that cos yu and the aa man have been messing but have a look anyway post any codes and we willl try to help, Regards TB