04 2.2 Acceleration problems - baldbeagle
I have a 2004 (54) honda accord 2.2cdti tourer, manual. Recently when accelerating in 3rd 4th and 5th gear the revs go high with no real acceleration followed by the revs returning to normal and then the car accelerating as normal.

I had the exhaust manifold replaced (under warranty) by Honda and 3 months ago serviced by an independant including fuel filter.

There have been issues with fuel pumps etc which I have read on here but the car seems normal generally, and starts fine its just when trying to accelerate hard. There are no issues in the first two gears making me think or hope that its not a clutch issue!

Any help gratefully received.
04 2.2 Acceleration problems - danskat

From a little research it seems that the ECU / brain of the engine limit's the turbo / power in lower gears.... that coupled with the fact that the turbo has more time to ramp up in higher gears etc all means you get more torque at the flywheel in higher gears - for the 2.2 it will peak at about 2500rpm.

Realy there isn't anything else that could be 'slipping' between the flywheel and roadwheels, I'm thinking you are going to have to get the clutch looked at.

Can you let me know the outcome please as I've just bought one!