What motorway MPG for Transit sized van? - a900ss
Guys,

I have to do a few conferences the week after next, starting in Scotland and working my way down/across the country. I won't be able to fit all my gear in my car so will get my company to hire a Transit sized van. The thing is normally my company reimburse business miles at 13p a mile and I'd be surprised that will cover the fuel usage of a van of this size (I'll be doing circa 1,500 miles).

I want to broach the subject now to manage expectations before I put my total fuel claim in but would like an idea of what MPG to expect on the motorway. Not flat out, just going with the flow at 70/75MPH. The goods won't be heavy, just bulky.

I'm hopeful of 30-35MPG based on the fact my old S-Max would get 45-48MPG at those speeds.

Thanks
What motorway MPG for Transit sized van? - stunorthants26
I was getting 35-38 ish from a SWB Renault Traffic 115dci. Id try for something more pokey if you carry any kinda weight as the lower power engines need thrashing to get performance laden and thsi woul affect economy alot.
What motorway MPG for Transit sized van? - diddy1234
When I borrowed the works van (vauxhall of the Renault Traffic) i averaged 36mpg with the onboard computer.

This was loaded up with two settee's and an arm chair.

So you may get around this figure which considering it has the aerodynamics of a brick is not too bad at all.
What motorway MPG for Transit sized van? - Martin Devon
My LWB Renault master van (Builder) well loaded 24.5 flat out on motorway. BUT at 60-65 29.5 achievable.

BTW it never drops below 24.5 even around our country lanes.

MD
What motorway MPG for Transit sized van? - Statistical outlier
If it's a rented vehicle, and 100% business use, I think that they would be highly unreasonable to reimburse anything other than actual fuel spend. That's certainly what we do for our staff in that situation.
21ppm? fuel only. Have I got that right? It's late and the Marston's Pedigree has started to take effect...............................................................S
orry,
I went and opened another!

MD
That's not how I typed it? ooer Missus!