05 1.9TDi cambelt problem. - SarahW2010
I bought a 2005 Volkswagen Golf Plus from a very well know Volkswagen dealer {snip, no need to mention the location, as it's irrelevant to the question being asked, as well as pointing a wagging finger at them}. I have only had the car three weeks. and it has already been back to the dealers as the engine light came on as i was driving and the car would loose power, that problem has been fixed as i was told there was a loose wire in the engine, now I have been told it needs a new cambelt, the car has only done 35000 miles.
The dealers may want me to pay for this, should I be paying for it as I have refused too..and also they told me it is safe to drive even though i do alot of motorway driving.is the car still safe too drive as I have lost all faith in the car and the dealers, thanks..

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/02/2010 at 23:51

05 1.9 Volkswagen golf plus TDI cambelt problem. - piston power
The mileage is low but it's 5 years old maybe thats what there working on if it needs it ask them if it will be done as it wasn't when you bought it from them, i guess they serviced it before you got it?
05 1.9 Volkswagen golf plus TDI cambelt problem. - SarahW2010
the car was serviced and MOT before I bought it, the car was the demonstrator car then they sold it to another person, they had it four years with no problems.now i own the car it all seems to be going wrong. The bloke who sold me the car is supposed to be phoning me this morning to sort it out, but they never do!
05 1.9 Volkswagen golf plus TDI cambelt problem. - mcguyver
The cambelt on Golf diesels is due for replacement every four years, regardless of mileage. So, unless yours has already been done, it's overdue.

I'm suprised it wasn't done during the service before collection.