Full/Moped Licence - Chris S
When I sent off my (paper) full car driving licence I also had the entitlement to ride a moped.

When I got a photocard licence back I'd lost this entitlement.

Does having a full car licence still give you the automatic right to ride a moped (without L-plates) or have the rules been changed?
Full/Moped Licence - freddy1
if you passed your car test before a "x" date (cant remember) then you are entitled to ride a moped , if later I think you have to do a CRB test etc ,

Edited by freddy1 on 11/02/2010 at 09:28

Full/Moped Licence - Clanger
... I think you have to do a CRB
test etc

CBT

CBT test - compulsory basic training

CRB - criminal records bureau
Full/Moped Licence - b308
if you passed your car test before a "x" date (cant remember)

1 Jan 1997:

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/What...7
Full/Moped Licence - rtj70
If you had the entitlement I would have thought it would show on the licence. Try phoning DVLA and asking.
Full/Moped Licence - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
This is a known problem with some people losing their right to ride motorcycles.
Advice is to keep photo copies before handing in licences. Check with DVLA before things get worse!

I lost my right to drive an LGV and larger minibuses but think that was a result of having diabetes.
Full/Moped Licence - zookeeper
how does driving a car with diabetes differ from driving LGV or mini buses?....im only curious
Full/Moped Licence - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I guess being paid to be in charge of a minibus full of other people is a bigger responsibility and puts a larger burden of proof of fitness to drive on me. Ditto driving a 4 tonne LGV for a living could enable me to do a lot more damage than with a car . I think I could get such additions to my licence by undergoing a medical (and maybe a further test?).
When in charge of my car I am under less obligation to others and can stop and start anytime to monitor and feed myself. Just a few ideas.
Full/Moped Licence - Harleyman
I'd suggest that ANYONE who has any other entitlement than an ordinary car should at least ensure that they have a full colour scan of their licence on their computer before sending it off.

I've even known people to get the copy certified by a solicitor.

As another poster has said, getting the licence back minus certain groups is not unknown, in fact it's becoming worryingly common. There are stories (I confess I haven't verified the truth of them) of people being unable to prove that they had a motorcycle entitlement and having to take a re-test.
why not ask for a replacement licence under the pretence of losing the original, then when it arrives all shiney and new and with the correct details then destroy the original, and if the new one is incorrect you could accidently find your lost one as comparison,,,,simples
Full/Moped Licence - commerdriver
expensive little game, there is a charge for a lost licence, also strictly if you find a licence you previously declared as lost you are supposed to return it.
expensive little game there is a charge for a lost licence also strictly if you
find a licence you previously declared as lost you are supposed to return it.

not as expesive as a motorcycle re-test