01 1.6 indicator stalk/com 200 unit???? - Mr Pink
Hi all
I know it's a long shot but I have recently bought a 2001 307 and I am having a problem with the indicator stalk. After I have indicated right the stalk over cancels itself causing me to indicate left. After researching the problem i have found that it's a very common fault and very expensive to get replaced.
I have found somewhere to buy recondition comm 200 unit for £90.00 plus you have to send them your old one..... this suggests to me that it can be repaired???

1. Could I repair the old one myself and if so what will I need and will it need to be connected to diagnostics computer afterwards

if I cannot repair the unit myself can I replace it myself, and again will it need to be connected to diagnostics computer

Any help would be very much appreciated
01 1.6 indicator stalk/com 200 unit???? - macavity
What company was it , www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/Products.aspx?category...7
???????

Its from www.peugeotpartsforsale.com/store/peugeot-2000-uni...6
01 1.6 indicator stalk/com 200 unit???? - macavity
can I replace it myself and again will
it need to be connected to diagnostics computer
Any help would be very much appreciated

Might be worth going to local scrap yard or breakeryard.com and see what price a secondhand one is, yes there is the risk of getting a dud one but they should take it back if that is the case, just ask them if it is a good one. A good breakers yard will not risk the hastle of selling duff parts, usually.
It should be possible to swap over without any fancy coding/ diagnostics etc, but again that is where a decent local scrap yard comes in useful, or ask BBA-Reman.
Or there might be some Peugeot owners forum / club that can be better informed.
after lots of searching around I have finally managed to find a comm 2000 unit for £65 inc p&p result. Just got the task of fitting now.

Has anybody done one of these themselves and if so how easy was it?

I spoke to a guy on the phone earlier from a salvage company and he says its a piece of cake and they take them off at the salvage yard without disconnecting the battery. this seems a bit risky to me and I wouldn't do it without first disconnecting the battery but after I re-connect the battery what error codes am I going to get if any?

If anyone has done this and could email me some kind of step by step I would be most greatefull.
Spoke to my local peugeot dealers today and they have quoted me £289 all in to fit a new comm 2000 unit. I have been told that this a good price. sounds a bit expensive for a faulty indicator stalk considering I have only had the car a week

Is this a DIY job?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/02/2010 at 00:17

01 1.6 indicator stalk/com 200 unit???? - shane1710

Hi mate

How did you get on with the fitting ?

Mine has just failed its MOT due to the indicator , exactly the same problem your having.Thinking of getting the reconditioned part for 90 quid and fitting it myself.Just worried about the air bag etc . My local Peugeot dealer quoted 250 for part plus 70 for fitting plus vat , ouch !!!

01 1.6 indicator stalk/com 200 unit???? - capoccetta4

Having the same problem.

I found this on a peugeot forum and seems to be very helpfull: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBBeRvig-tw

I will personally give it a try as this fault caused NCT/MOT failure.

Back up plan is to buy new part (After all the troubles I would not trust second hand one):

www.mister-auto.ie/en/steering-column-switch/valeo...l

Dunno if the deliver to Uk.

Good luck.