03 1.4 Are Ford TDCI's prone to leaky Fuel injecto - Bigdaveg

More out of interest this one: as I've heard on another forum that it's a common problem with tdci engines ?.

On the other forum several people mention they've had problems with leaky injectors which resulted in a repair bill of between £300 and £900.

Is it a common problem, i.e does every Fusion have or likely to have the same fault or is it a certain run (e.g 2005-2007 ?).

Is there anything that can be done to avoid it (i.e using injector cleaners such as redex etc), and how do you know you've got a problem & when to get the job done, like myself many probably have no idea where the injectors are.

Looking at this web site leaky injectors has'nt had a big press and it's not highlighted as a problem in the main Fusion review, whereas if it was a common problem I'd have expected to see a mention of leaky injectors.

Obviously having just bought a fusion I'm more than a little curious and I'm asking in this forum becuase it seems to be very popular and has some apparently knowledgable people ;-)

Edited by Bigdaveg on 27/01/2010 at 21:18