01 1.8D Heater blowing cold - Gazz51
The heater in my ford Fiesta 1.8td does not blow hot air.

Both the pipes to heater control value are hot, the pipes from the value one cold one slightly warm. I have replaced the heater control value with a new one and can feel it pulsing when its turn to hot, but one side is still cold. Does anyone have any idea what I can try next, should I checck matrix out, if so how do I do this.
01 1.8D Heater blowing cold - Peter.N.
Assuming the new valve is OK and you bled the air out when you replaced it, sounds like the matrix is blocked. Easiest way of dealing with it is to disconnect both ends and feed water into it from the garden hose, flush it several times both ways until the water runs clear.

Edited by Peter.N. on 25/01/2010 at 11:45

just remind me the best way to bled out the air. I took the top of the expansion chamber and ran the engine for a while, would that of be ok.
01 1.8D Heater blowing cold - atlantic
we replaced two valves from a local motor factor shop and both were faulty,i bought one from fords £32.00 and it worked a treat get the the one with the number started with 7n21,also you can try taking off the electrical supply to the valve to see if it gets hot mine did.

Edited by atlantic on 25/01/2010 at 14:56

how did you know it was faulty. I have felt the value and I can feel it pulsing(like a ticking). I took the lead off and it made no difference to the pipe getting hot
01 1.8D Heater blowing cold - atlantic
i would bit the bullet and pay the extra for a ford valve,by taking off the electrical connection someone on this site said it will put it back to the default ie hot,if that doesen't work well i would look at the heater face pannel abot £20 pound from the scrap yard good luck