Tyre pressure, how low is too low? - SteelSpark
I've just bought a tyre pressure gauge (went for one of the Michelin digital ones, bit pricey, but seems good) and took readings on my Mondeo (09 reg, 2.0 Diesel, Hatchback, tyres are 215/55).

According to the decal on the car the figures (for 1-3 passengers, don't know why there isn't and unladen figures) are 35 psi for the front tyres and 32 psi for the rear tyres.

The readings that I got (unladen) were

Front left - 27.6
Front right - 27.9
Rear left - 28.4
Rear right - 28.4

So obviously they are a bit low (have not checked them since I bought it in September, but have only just done over 1,000 miles in that time), and I will pump them up to the recommended figures and then keep a regular eye on them. However, it just made me wonder whether the pressures that I currently have are low enough to have a particularly adverse impact on performance or safety.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Tyre pressure, how low is too low? - WorkshopTech
Your pressures are a bit out, especially the fronts. Will promote irregular wear and some reduction in adhesion, but not dangerously so.
Tyre pressure, how low is too low? - L'escargot
According to the decal on the car the figures (for 1-3 passengers don't know why
there isn't and unladen figures) are 35 psi for the front tyres and 32 psi
for the rear tyres.

Tyre pressures are always set unladen. The pressure doesn't go up when you get in the car.
The readings that I got (unladen) were

Front left - 27.6
Front right - 27.9
Rear left - 28.4
Rear right - 28.4

That's sheer neglectful.
So obviously they are a bit low (have not checked them since I bought it in September ...

Pressures should be checked weekly.
However, it just made me wonder whether the pressures that I currently have are low enough to have a particularly adverse impact on performance or safety.

Yes, and probably rate and pattern of wear as well.