Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - WorkshopTech
Living in the north midlands I dont often have to go south of watford.
I need to drop some relatives as Heathrow Terminal 3 and then pick up a couple of weeks later. Been many years since I was at heathrwo.
Any advice on how to do this? Do I have to park and pay or is there a free drop off zone? Is there heavy security stopping cars getting close to terminal bldg. Also what would be the best route coming off the M40 to Heathrow. Thanks.
Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - jbif
drop some relatives as Heathrow Terminal 3 and then pick up a couple of weeks later >>

have a look at
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=79049&...f

and see what, if any, further questions arise.

Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - Wilco {P}
What time of day? If anywhere near rush hour, then work on the assumption that it will be busy. You can still drop off outside T3, but you may get moved on fairly quickly, so not a good spot for lingering goodbyes.

Getting there - the spur road off the M4 is the obvious way - again this will be manic at certain times of the day - an alternative is to go on the M25 one more junction (J14) then head back up Stanwell Moor Road and onto the A4 eastbound, then down onto the spur at the entrance. If the spur or the M4 is is jammed solid, this can be a good alternative. Probably not much faster but at least you're moving.

Another alternative is to drop them at Hatton Cross tube - depending on how much luggage and time of day, this can be a winner
Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - WorkshopTech
Thanks for the info.
Drop off and pick up are saturday morning and sat afternoon. I like the Hatton cross tube idea, think I will go with that.
Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - Statistical outlier
One other thought. There is a very quick and easy coach link from Reading station.

Also the short stay is not too prohibitive for 30 mins (at least it wasn't at T5 earlier last year), and allows a proper goodbye.
Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - Lud
If you arrive in reasonable time and have a couple of spare quid the terminals all have short-stay car parks. The advantage is that you can see your people off at leisure, and have a coffee and read the paper while waiting for their delayed flight or tiresome customs delays. The only disadvantage is the cost.
Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - ifithelps
Do the hotels still run shuttle buses?

If so, park at hotel for nothing, have coffee/long goodbye and plonk them on the bus.

Less chance of getting stuck in traffic at an outlying hotel.

Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - CGNorwich
Don't be put off by all the scare stories of driving to Heathrow. Londoners like to think us provincials will be unable to cope with busy roads! The obvious way is the best i.e M25, M4 . There are drop off zones or as been said if you want to stay a while park in the short stay. All very well signed. Just leave ample time
Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - paul2007
hi

the only thing i would say is give yourself PLENTY of time!!!! it sounds as though they are not off on a plane every week - so leave as ealy as possibly.

we often go to the usa every year and get to the airport usually before checkouts open - check bags in within mins of check-in open and then relax. Oneon my relatives said i was silly going that early - he got caught out in a big traffic accident on the M4 soon after and he and his family missed their flight, lol.
Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - cheddar
Generally dropping off is not a problem though it is a mess around T1 and T3 currently because T2 is being demolished for a new one to be built after which T1 and T3 will suffer the same fate respectively.

On a saturday, if coming from the north it will be just as easy to do M4 spur into Heathrow as it is A30 to Hatton Cross.
Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - henry k
Get to the terminal early as there is increased security and probably longer queues.
T3 carpark is not cheap but worth it to say a proper goodbye.

M40, M25, M4, M4 spur and through the tunnel is the obvious route and should be easy at the weeend.

Before you leave, check travel England site and click the road signs to see if any warnings exist.
Listen to the radio and if hold ups occur consider the following.
J4 of M40 and take the A404 A404(M) south to the M4 and avoid the M25.
If you do use the M4 you can exit J5 and take the A4 to the north side of Heathrow and then down the tunnel. ( a very easy route and usually deserted compared with the M4.)
If things are really bad you can carry on on the M4 to J3 and either circle round the east and south of the airport or go to Hounslow West

From Hatton Cross or even Hounslow West you can get the tube into the airport.
Both stations have parking on or nearby.

Have a look at the above and plan for the worse and have a smooth trip.
Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - Pat L
My bro dropped us off at T3 (I think - Singapore Airlines) and it was a piece of proverbial. I was actually driving because he was a bit apprehensive! (We got a taxi back).
Go for it.
Pat
Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - R40
Dropped my girlfriend off at T3 last Saturday morning 8.30am. Very straightforward and easy, even time for a quick goodbye at the drop off point before someone waiting for a space honked lol No need for a complicated solution; go M4 spur and then to T3

hth

R40
Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - able1

Dropoff is dead easy- there are three lanes for unloading and drop right outside T3, which is 2 miles and about 5mins from j4/M4. Just follow signs.

I picked up someone today from T3.
Shortstay carpark is right opp T3 and prices are;

Up to 30 minutes
£2.50

30 minutes - 1 hour
£4.30

1 hour - 1.5 hours
£6.30

1.5 hours - 2 hours
£8.00

2 - 3 hours
£11.00

Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - nick62
Generally dropping off is not a problem though it is a mess around T1 and T3 currently because T2 is being demolished for a new one to be built after which T1 and T3 will suffer the same fate respectively.

They should demolish the rest of it while they are at it, Heathrow must be one of the worst airports in terms of "flow" in the world, it's not fit for purpose, (and BA don't provide decent links with the rest of the UK, but that is a different saga)!

Rant over.

Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - jaysam

The sheer size of the Heathrow Airport will daunt you if you're a first-timer in London. The Heathrow Airport sprawls across some 4.7 square miles and when your plane touches down on the tarmac of the Airport, you'll have to drink in the enormity of Heathrow's proportions while still sitting belted to your seat because airport authorities in London are pretty strict and don't allow passengers to disembark at terminals unless the terminals are free from traffic and planes that have landed moments ago.

The airport parking (link removed) is the most important airport of London, the second-most important airport of the city being Gatwick. The Heathrow Airport is situated in a borough named Hillingdon on the outskirts of London. Heathrow Airport is designated to be the second-most bustling airport of the world, the most bustling airport of the world being the Atlanta Hartfield Jackson International Airport of Atlanta, USA. Heathrow claims to handle more global travelers than any other airport of the planet. The Airport has undergone renovations several times since it first started operations way back in the 1930s.

The Heathrow Airport is a halting ground for more than 90 airlines that connect Heathrow to 170 global destinations. The chief airlines that operate using the Heathrow Airport as their starting or ending destination are the British Airways, the Virgin Atlantic Airways and the British Midland Airways. Heathrow handles about 70 million passengers every year. Out of this number, nearly 50% use Heathrow as a stop-over so that they might board connecting flights that take them to distant places either east of England into Asia or west of England across the Atlantic Ocean into the Americas. A sizeable chunk of the 70 million board connecting flights from Heathrow to destinations close by. And about 7 million of the 70 million land at Heathrow in order to reach places in the United Kingdom.

Get Acquainted with the Flip Side of Heathrow

Security measures are stringent at Heathrow. They have been beefed up even more after terrorism has engulfed the world since 9/11 and 7th July, 2005. The British army has been stationed at Heathrow every so often when there has been need to protect the Airport and the travelers from the acts of various miscreants and terrorists. The irony of it all is that though Heathrow has been saved from the attacks of terrorists and heinous criminals, it hasn't been spared from the mischief made by small-time thieves and robbers. Passengers have been shocked when, on reaching the conveyor belt to pick up their baggage after obtaining clearance from immigration and other checking authorities, they haven't been able to locate their luggage on the carousel. As pickpockets and thieves have flourished in Heathrow over the last few years, the airport has acquired the new and unflattering name of 'Thiefrow' for itself.

Another reason why Heathrow is getting a lot of flak from passengers as well as from the media is because the Airport has reached its bursting point. Despite being spread over several square miles of English soil, Heathrow is currently experiencing difficulty handling some 70 million travelers every year. Packed to the full and more than it can manage, Heathrow is witnessing some serious bottlenecks in the form of delayed departures and arrivals and long queues of travelers waiting to undergo checks. Planes scheduled to land at Heathrow have to frequently keep circling the London sky as often, nowadays, they aren't given permission to land because Airport officials are taking longer than ever to handle aircrafts that have landed previously and check the passengers who've landed in those aircrafts. Airport officials, it seems, can't cope with the ever-burgeoning number of passengers and aircrafts at Heathrow and are taking hours before they can complete all procedures and let incoming planes land. The Airport is thus pretty hamstrung by excessive delays that are angering the travelers. Hence, fresh revamps of the Airport terminals and grounds are in the pipeline that will hopefully ease the flow of traffic through Heathrow.

Edited by BorisTheSpider on 14/05/2013 at 12:44

Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - FP

An interesting, if tangential, resurrection of an old thread with a little bit of advertising thrown in.

I wonder on how many other websites it has appeared.

Heathrow airport drop off and pick up - BigJohnD

The sheer size of the Heathrow Airport will daunt you if you're a first-timer in London.

Clearly you've never been to DFW or ATL.