01 2.0 Running problems - hunter185
Hi I have a 2001 2.0l TDDI Mondeo. About 3 months ago it stalled and would not start up again, eventually when I got it started it would only rev to 2000rpm then smoke like hell and it then cut out and would not start again. I thought maybe I had just ran it out of fuel so I filled it with fuel and it started but still running rough and would not rev. I changed the fuel filter, it took a bit to start but it ran like new until a couple of days ago when it started playing up again even when full of fuel. It starts first time and runs ok when cold but as soon as it gets warm it won?t rev just smokes and dies. I took it to my local garage the mechanics looked through it and couldn?t find the cause to the problem. They plugged it up to a computer and came up with no fault codes. The only thing they could come up with was maybe a problem with the injector codes. Looking in to this problem it seems like it is just the TDCI?s that suffer from this problem or am I wrong? If it is the injector codes I have heard that it can happen again soon after it is sorted. It is an old car now everything is perfect apart from the fuelling is it worth it?
Any help would be fantastic thank you.