04 3.0 BMW Servicing. Four green lights - legacylad
I am thinking about purchasing an '04 reg 330Ci convertible with 42k miles from a two owner private sale. I am concerned about the service history as it been serviced 'independently'...as is my own 12 yo Mazda 626! The seller tells me it has 4 green lights.
Please can anyone advise what this means...
many thanks
04 3.0 BMW Servicing. Four green lights - Dynamic Dave
This any help?

www.usautoparts.net/bmw/repairs/maintenance.htm

04 3.0 BMW Servicing. Four green lights - elekie&a/c doctor
The E46 models do not use a green light system for the service interval .A system of mileage remaining to next service is displayed when the ignition is first switched on.A reset system usually counts down from around 15k miles.hth
Many thanks DD.
I shall look at the car asap and check the service history. The owner tells me it has been serviced independently and I need to make sure it has had an 'Inspection 2' which I believe is expensive. I shall contact my own independent, and my local BMW dealer, after the weekend to see just how expensive!!
The four green light augur well, unless there has been any tampering.
04 3.0 BMW Servicing. Four green lights - WorkshopTech
Insp II on these is not too bad. Its about 1-3/4 hour labour, fluids and filters, plugs and various checks. No more expensive than a Passat if there is nothing wrong - but obviously costs can climb rapidly if problems are discovered.
Thanks for all your replies. I looked over the car recently..it is a genuine 42k miles, and the service indicator shows that an oil change is due in 2k miles. The MOTs are in order, but the service book has not been stamped up and the owners say that their independent will do the Insp II if it has not already been done. No sign of any invoices though!