02 2.1 Standard Clarion CD Player - Robin the Technician
Hi,
Yesterday I replaced the battery on our Pug. It was the original so no complaints there. As a matter of course i put jump leads from another car onto the leads and replaced the battery without problems. The car has a standard Clarion CD player and I'm unsure if it is a coded system like most in car units. I've looked through the literature I have but can't find a book relating to the CD/ radio - nor can I find any reference to a radio code.
Is this unit coded or not? I'm just being cautious for the future - if it is coded, then I'll need to get the code.

Thanks

Robin the Technician
02 2.1 Standard Clarion CD Player - mjm
If it's a Clarion head unit then if Pugeot are the same as Citroen then it will be coded.
My son had a Peug 106 and we rang the suppling dealer with the reg no and were given the code over the phone.

I can't remember how the code is put into the radio but if you need to know what buttons to press post back (with radio model) and I'll have a look in the Xantia manual. (It's a bit older than your Pug but probably close enough).
02 2.1 Standard Clarion CD Player - ianjoh
It is probably coded to the BSI box which also holds immobiliser codes etc. If this box loses its codes then you really will have problems. My 406 Hdi has one behind the fuse box under the dash, it has currently grounded mine with an immobiliser fault!
Regards
Ian
02 2.1 Standard Clarion CD Player - gsb
There is a four digit security code on my 98 2.1 exec

Switch on radio display will read Code
Press the pre-select button 1 display will read 0---
Press the left or right arrow key until the first digit of code
diplayed, ie 7 display will read 7---
confirm this digit by pressing the pre-select
button 1 and display will read 70--
repeat for the the three next digits.

If the correct code has been entered a high pitched bleep will be heard and system becomes operational. If not error code shows and you must wait 1 minute, this time is doubled each time an error code shows.

Edited by gsb on 16/01/2010 at 10:19