99 2.0 JVC aftermarket cd player fitting - helmet
Just bought a JVC cd player from a very reputable E.Bay seller, and have installed it in my Peugeot 406 along with a new facia panel.

However, it won't keep the memories that I have programmed, and strangely when I open the door and the interior light comes on, so does the cd player!!! I would rather it came on with the ignition, as it also doesn't switch itself off when exiting the car.

It is wired straight to the existing iso lead, barring the steering wheel controls, so does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by helmet on 10/01/2010 at 16:50

99 2.0 JVC aftermarket cd player fitting - Dynamic Dave
If it's the same as Vauxhall and VW (and a handful of other manufacturers), then you will need to swap the red and yellow wires round. ie, red to yellow, and yellow to red.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/01/2010 at 17:30

99 2.0 JVC aftermarket cd player fitting - helmet
Thanks Dave.

Tried that but the spade connectors within the terminal block were a bit tight and nearly ended up stripping the wires, so for around 3 quid on E.Bay I've found an adaptor harness which turns the 2 offending wires around and hopefully that should solve the problem.
99 2.0 JVC aftermarket cd player fitting - Fullchat
Is there anything that will turn my teenage daughter's ipod OFF when she gets in my car? :-)