99 1.6 coolant pipe replacement - kdog
The main metal coolant pipe requires replacing as its cracked. Attached to this pipe is the radiator hose and a smaller hose from the expansion bottle. As the other end of the pipe attaches to the engine and is well hidden under the inlet manifold, I would like to know how accesible is this metal pipe end and how does it attach to the engine?
99 1.6 coolant pipe replacement - topbloke
the pipe is held in place by 2 13mm headed bolts one which is behind the starter motor the other about 4 inches nearer to the alternator, these pipes are not particularly funny to change as you will get wet, as the only way to do it is from underneath and unless you remove the waterpump there is no way of removing all of the water in the block, Regards TB
99 1.6 coolant pipe replacement - kdog
Hi TOPBLOKE, would like to thank you so much for your advice. I am not worried about being covered with water!!! Thanx for the tip. Been covered with a whole lot worse!!!!! I have enjoyed this car but when it breaks down it kills me. I have never known the likes of it. My 3rd head gasket now since new!!!!!I want to get it going and get rid of it by whatever means. Never want to see it again. Vauxhall never ever again.