04 1.4 EAC Fail - very slow acceleration - Artanix
Hello :),

Looks like I've got the dreaded EAC Fail on my fiesta, i've read around and there seems to be hundreds of things this could be.

Its only happened once to me; I was slowing down and then the "EAC FAIL" message flashes on the dash, the car really struggled to move under its own power, in neutral it would rev up very slowly (as if the car was in 5th). Restarting the car sorted it out and managed to be fine for a 15 mile journey.

The car is due in for a service next month so I will mention it, but i've seen a few scare story's with people having to pay over £1000 in parts and still the issue is occurring. (which i don't have tbh).

I've read on the ford ST forums that cleaning the throttle body's can sort it, but there is also a problem with the connectors for the pedal sensor (they're fly by wire right?).

I assume I'll have to get it into a garage to get the fault code checked out, but I don't want to go through the whole process of them finding no problems and replacing bits for fun.
04 1.4 EAC Fail - very slow acceleration - pumpkin38
hi..
dont know if you've got it sorted yet but iv had the same problem twice,
the first time the garage i brought the car from changed the trottle body,wiring loom and coil pack which sorted it for about 3 months.
the second time it happened i was pulling on to my drive,so i got the manual out
it says the code will also appear if the battery is discharged,it was on the original battery (4 years) and at the end of winter so quick nip to halfords for a new one and its been fine for two years......until this afternoon but id not driven the car since the end of november till last week so i'll replace it and hopefully that will sort it again..
hope this helps.
04 1.4 EAC Fail - very slow acceleration - PFish40

I bought my Ford Fiesta in October 2006 (ex mobility car) it's an 02 plate. I've had the EAC Fail problem for the last 4 years, been backwards and forwards to my local Ford dealer several times over the last 4 years and forked out alot of money in repairs. I am still having the same problem. My car is not only now losing power but also completey cutting out - very dangerous if travelling on the motorway! I've written to Ford Motor Company twice over the last 4 years, they deny all knowledge of this being a 'common problem' so are unwilling to help me. Despite the fact that there are various website forums with owners experiencing the same problem. I don't enjoy driving my car anymore and feel anxious every time I get in it. I have recently been in touch with Trading Standards who have been extremely helpful and advised me of my legal rights as a consumer. I have also recently written to BBC Watchdog. My car went in for repair (yet again) on 14/06/10 and failed the following day. This is causing me a great deal of stress and inconvenience. I would urge everyone with the same problem to write to Ford Motor Company and/or contact your local Trading Standards. All I want is a reliable car that is SAFE to drive !

04 1.4 EAC Fail - very slow acceleration - cody

hi i got a ford fiesta deisel 1.4 i had the same problem i cleaned my maff sensor and egr valve and now it sorted it outdrives like a dream