iPod adapter for 3 Series BMW - tack
My daughter and s/i/l have just bought a 06 plate 3 series. Although it has a CD player, I'd like to buy them an iPod adapter for Xmas.

Anyone know if there is a reasonably priced and reasonably easy one to fit (aftermarket or whatever)?

I don't mean the radio frequency type, but one that plugs into the back of the the ICE system.

Cheers
iPod adapter for 3 Series BMW - WorkshopTech
If it has a CD changer multipin socket on the back you can buy an adapter box to plug in there. I think they cost around £30. we have not fitted them on BMW, but have on other cars (e.g. SEAT) and I think there should be something available.
iPod adapter for 3 Series BMW - WorkshopTech
PS - have a look on Ebay for these abapter boxes, or ask at a local ICE shop.
iPod adapter for 3 Series BMW - Jcoventry
No AUX-in port on the BMW system?
iPod adapter for 3 Series BMW - a900ss
I had the previous shape 3 series (2004 model) and I fitted a Dension Ipod adaptor to it. Absolutely fantastic; charged the Ipod and was able to control the Ipod using the steering wheel controls. Also, the great thing on this was that the 'Traffic' interuption feature of stereo still worked unlike a Ford S-Max that I had that used the Aux-In port. The track name was also displayed on the stereo display (it was a BMW Business CD that I had).

Good Luck.

Edited by a900ss on 12/12/2009 at 13:38

iPod adapter for 3 Series BMW - Bagpuss
I also had a Dension fitted to my E46 BMW M3 and it worked very well. On the E90 3 Series there should be a USB socket either in the glovebox or under the arm rest, unless it's one of the few that were ordered without the i-Drive screen.