On line breakers (looking for s/h gearbox) - Gregory II
I am looking for breakers for a gearbox for the Toyota Camry. Does anyone know a website that asks all the breakers for parts to save on leg work? Is there a motorcycle one around as well as I am looking for a few bits and pieces.

I am lookinfto fit a new gearbox in a 1991 toyota camry so I need a working one obviously.

Edited by Pugugly on 09/12/2009 at 10:26

Breakers - Falkirk Bairn
You will be very lucky to trackdown a Camry auto box.

Few Camrii sold in the UK and big bills around 10 years plus has sent many to the grave - you are looking for an 18 yr old gearbox - on a Ford/VW/VX you may well be lucky as lots of cars about when new but a Camry - that is like the proverbial Rocking Horse dooh dah.
Breakers - bell boy
not even sure if this is your model but this breakers does specilalise in asian stuff and only let me down once
preview.tinyurl.com/yhzflpy
Breakers - Gregory II
I am looking for a manual box for this car. Does the carina gearbox fit this car?
Greg
Breakers - henry k
The only breakers I know in my area is just SE of Heathrow airport.
I now see from their website they are also in Port Talbot.

www.jap-spares.com/page.php?id=30
I have no idea how good they are as I have never used them in their new format but maybe just the sort of outfit you need to source or redirect you to another source.

They used to be a typical greasy breakers of all brands, with a brilliant lady running it from a caravan, but a few years back, to my horror ( Fords no longer stocked ) they had changes to a new style outfit.
Breakers - piston power
Try a jap breaker that get parts from abroad you may strike lucky got a few nissan engine parts this way.
Breakers - bhoy wonder
You could try here. www.japsautoparts.co.uk/
Breakers - madf
Cheaper to buy a complete car from ebay?
Breakers - bell boy
go to japan
eat the uncooked fish
do a deal on the low slung tables (remember to remove shoes first)
bring gearbox back as hand luggage (ps remove fluids before boarding)

simples.....
Breakers - FotheringtonThomas
1stchoice.co.uk
Breakers - Lou_O
I think the OP has the only manual Camry ever sold in the UK :)

In all seriousness there are only 12 listed on Autotrader and only 2 of those are manual.

The good news is that one of them is only £200. If it has a good gearbox, this might be the best thing to do, make 1 good car from 2.