05 1.5 Water on the windscreen - kapuka53
Hi Guys,

I tried to find a solution via a search & did not succeed. So here we go!

Mine is a Renault Scenic 80 Dinamique 1.5 cdi (2005 Reg). These days when I get in to the car in the evening, I find a lot of moisture (water, I would say) inside the windscreen. I use the hot air blower to get rid of this. But gets fed up & end up wiping away which leaves water marks.

I am sure this is not normal, as the others who are parked in the same car park (this is very cold car park surrounded by trees/bushes) don?t seem to have this problem as I do.

I have asked this from Renault users as well. Someone suggested me to remove the Sucttle panel & check the pollen filter & so on. I took this to my garage & they were not so keen on it...Before I take it to another...I am just checking with you guys...

Please let me know what you think if you have come across this before.

Many Thanks

Bud

Edited by Pugugly on 08/12/2009 at 15:53

Water inside (windscreen) my Scenic (05 Reg) - BobbyG
Is there any other signs of moisture in the car? Are the footwells and carpets bone dry? The seats? The boot etc? How are your door seals and windscreen seal - any signs of damage or withering?
Does your car have air con and if so do you use it ? Usually once you have used air-con, you always need to use it to clear the screen.
Have you tried giving the windscreen a right good clean with vinegar or something similar and drying it till its bone dry?

I have heard that pollen filters are work changing, not sure if it would directly help.
Water inside (windscreen) my Scenic (05 Reg) - kapuka53
Hi Bobby,
Thanks. Yes I have checked all places and there are no signs of moisture (having said that the carpets get a bit wet during rainy days when getting in & out).
No signs of broken seals too.
I switch on aircon occassionally. I didnt understand what you meant by "Usually once you have used air-con, you always need to use it to clear the screen". Please explain this a bit.

I havent done the good clean thing for some time now. Do you think I should try it. But these days I dont think it will dry that well...

Please reply when you can.

Thanks L'escargot, I will try it...but these days we hardly see any sunlight...

We are in the midlands/warwickshire
Cheers
Water inside (windscreen) my Scenic (05 Reg) - Altea Ego
Turn on the aircon, and make sure the recirculation is set to external air, and your problem will be solved.

Modern cars with aircon tend to trap a bit of mositure in the system and this gets blasted onto the screen, If you dont use the aircon this doesent get dried out. Its always a good idea to use the aircon any if you dont it will go wrong in the future.
Water inside (windscreen) my Scenic (05 Reg) - Alanovich
AE, would it not also be wise to turn the temperature up to max for as long as can be managed?

In another thread recently, someone suggested large bags of silica gel. Mycar mists up quite badly too, and I'm thinking of trying this.
The goona often did it from cold, throw up a misty front screen, 30 seconds with aircon on clears it.

The Touran did it now and again, and the Altea hardly ever. I suspect its all down to air trunking design.
Thanks AE,
Sorry for sounding very ignorant.

So after turning aircon on, do I have to switch on the blower as well? And what should be the temperature of the blower (hot or cold)?

Many Thanks
Temperature does not matter, (its dryer air hot or cold) and yes fan up full pelt.
Water inside (windscreen) my Scenic (05 Reg) - L'escargot
It should help if you park such that the afternoon sun is on the windscreen.
Water inside (windscreen) my Scenic (05 Reg) - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
The air con will not operate unless the blower is on. Air has to flow over the evaporator ? system for it to work. On SWMBO Getz the aircon light goes off if the blower is turned off. Then the windows mist up.
Thanks to everyone.

I tried it this morning. It cleared it a bit better. But still takes a good 05 minutes I'd say.
Anyway, will continue to do this & see.

Best Regards