MP3 Player - Kayseypops
I bought a Seat Leon in February 2009. The handbook says that you can plug in an MP3 player under the drivers seat. My nephew tells me that the socket under the seat is for an ipod. My question is firstly is this true? If so why does the handbook say an MP3 player can be accommodated? And finally is there an adapter that can be purchased to feed an MP3 player via the ipod socket to the cars audio system?

MP3 Player - harib
There is an option to have an iPod interface under the seat, as your nephew rightly points out. However, there should be an auxiliary 3.5mm jack that can take the output from any MP3 player which is situated on the console near the handbrake. It should be under a flap marked "AUX".
MP3 Player - Kayseypops
There is no AUX 'flap' on my Leon!!!
MP3 Player - Altea Ego
The Ipod connector is an option that you specify when you buy the car. It replaces the aux in connector. you cant have both. Your handbook is for the standard car.

You can play MP3 cds in the head unit tho
MP3 Player - maz64
www.motorspeed.co.uk/store_main.asp?int_product_id...0

There might be others.

EDIT: sorry, that's the wrong way round, isn't it?

Edited by Focus {P} on 27/11/2009 at 12:55

MP3 Player - harib
The Ipod connector is an option that you specify when you buy the car. It
replaces the aux in connector. you cant have both. Your handbook is for the standard
car.

Aaah I didn't realise it was a case of "either - or". My Leon has the aux connector but not the iPod connector.
MP3 Player - EoinM
It should have an aux in flap on the centre console. The reasons for not having one are either the iPod dock is fitted under the seat or it is a previous model year. From 07 onwards the aux in was standard. I'm hazarding a guess that it's a 1.6 - there was loads of those left over from the first year or manufacture.

If it is something you wqant to get fitted the dealers charge close on the same price as a top of the line bluetooth system. Check out the Parrot MKi 9200. I had one of those fitted to my Leon. Excellent bluetooth plus a USB, aux in and iPod dock in the glovebox. It also allows full iPod control through the remote and the screen looks just like your iPods
MP3 Player - Goose67
I have the FR550 from year 2008 and it does not have the AUX facility either. It does have the ipod facility under the drivers seat, but i was informed when i bought the car new, that this did not work in the UK. It only works in Europe. The book tells you that it will take anything from an ipod nano up to the classis ipod, but i was informed from SEAT that this is not the case. You would be as well getting it removed.
MP3 Player - ijws15
It only works in Europe. The book tells you that it will take anything from an
ipod nano up to the classis ipod but i was informed from SEAT that this
is not the case. You would be as well getting it removed.

Can you clarify please . . .

Do you mean it only works when you take the car to Europe . . . . or it only works in cars supplied to European Mainland countries?

If the second then I wonder why they bother to fit it! Perhaps you dealer found an easy way to avoid fixing it.